I got this chair from my grandpa. My grandma reupholstered it years ago (it even has a matching mirror). Unfortunately, the chair has this huge rip in it and the padding was coming out. My grandpa was getting rid of it and knew I was interested in free furniture and upholstery projects.
I got this coordinating green fabric for about $6 a yard from Joanne fabrics. I laid out the fabric and cut, pinned, and sewed it to fit perfectly to the chair. I also painted the legs white with a primer paint I have left over from this side table redo.
Here is a final-for-now picture:
update:: I decided I'm not happy with the way this looks and it doesn't mesh well with everything else I have so I am looking for a fabric to redo it with.