pinterest.com

12.22.2016

Cora's Room : Progress

I mentioned earlier I'd share some pictures when we finished up Cora's room, but I think it may be a little while before I get to the projects I have in mind.  In the meantime, I thought I'd share the progress.  Here is the before picture:
I originally wanted to do a mint wall, but we quickly realized we needed to paint the trim. We bounced a couple fun color combinations like yellow and turquoise before I remembered Elsie's sunroom.  I sent Ben a picture of the white walls with the light blue trim and told him to pick something similar to that and included some other color swatches that I like... and he knocked it out of the park.  I'm kind of a control freak so letting him pick the color was scary, but it was the perfect color and exactly what I was imagining.  Ben also painted almost the entire room (I helped with some trim on one of the doors) and he did an awesome job.

We moved the gradient dresser upstairs and added another coat of white paint on the dresser with some help from Cora. We also painted her toy box over Thanksgiving weekend. She told me "I love it when I'm painting!"



I came home from work one day and found Ben painting this shelf to match her trim.  I never would have thought to use that shelf in there (it was left by the old owner), but it's the perfect fit.  We added in the bookcase underneath and hung up the castle painting Jazz made for Cora.  Cora picked the other painted canvas out of our stash and decided next to the bookshelf at her eye level was the perfect spot for it.
We also hung up the poms from Cora's baby shower and some paintings that Cora and I worked on together.

Cora was out of the house for most of Friday and Saturday one weekend, so I did a bunch of the unpacking and set up all her books and toys.  When she got home, she was so excited to see all of her stuff.  She called it beautiful and loves going into her room to hang out and play.  There is still a lot of stuff that we'd like to add, but it's nice to have a room that we can hang out in that feels semi-finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a golden day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...