this fabric from Spoonflower. I procrastinated a couple months before I basted the quilt, but it was easier than I thought it would be. I read through a bunch of different random sites for tips to baste. Here is a pretty good resource that is pretty similar to what I did except a couple differences... Instead of taping to a hard surface, I used a straight pin and pinned it to the carpet. I also just used regular safety pins.
binding tutorial. I cut my fabric strips about four inches wide, so that after all of the folding, they would be about one inch wide on the finished quilt. I wasn't very precise with my cutting because I knew I could make binding consistent with the folding/ironing. A day or two later I added on the binding.
Here is the final quilt: