pinterest.com

2.08.2013

Woodgrain Inspiration

I have always had this love for patterns in nature (see Honecomb inspiration).  My senior year of art, my theme was patterns in nature.  Looking back, I feel like I just skimmed the surface and it is something that I want to look more into and have that translate into some home decor and art.

After a little research, I learned this is called faux bois (french for false wood).  Faux bois is the artistic imitation of wood or wood grains in various media.

Here are a couple home decor pieces:
Pinned Image
Woodgrain quilting
mld104736 0509 drawers fish l 12 Woodgrain Projects   DIY Faux Bois
Martha Stewart Faux-Bois Dresser
Woodgrain wallpaper by Brett Design
Velvet Burnout
And some handmade products:
faux bois vases cg
DIY Faux Bois vase by Centsational Girl
Red Woodgrain Heart Card - Paper Cut Valentine
Woodgrain paper cut Valentine by AshleyPahl on Etsy
Pinned Image
Woodgrain Hoop by Megan Van Sipe @ Lilac Saloon
What do you think?  Have you ever heard of faux bois before?

Sidenote: My computer is so close to being fixed so I will finally be able to get some more pictures up of projects and some other stuff instead of just inspiration pieces.  I can't wait!  There is something about using your own computer that feels so comfortable and I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a golden day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...