I have spent the last week reflecting on all of the changes that have happened in my life in 2012. At the beginning of the year, I was (permanent) jobless, had my worst roommate yet, and I was just overall unhappy. One year later, I am now extremely happy, I have a permanent job, all of my relationships are flourishing, I've accomplished one of my life goals of getting my own dog, I'm purging my life (and apartment) of clutter and things I don't need, and I have a lot of hope for my upcoming year. That being said, I have been constantly making goals for myself through out the past 3-6 months.
Here are a couple that I've recently made for myself that are rolling over to 2013 resolutions:
1. Meal Planning - plan out meals for the week. I find myself getting too tired to cook meals so I turn to the fast option of eating out. I've started to accumulate a lot of crockpot recipes so I want to start trying those out. I also want to pack my lunch more often so I save a little more money.
2. Saving Money - (going along with number 1) going out to eat takes a large chunk out of my wallet so the meal planning will help that out a little. I also find myself shopping so I want to take that down a notch and limit myself to a certain amount (still to be determined, but probably in the $100 range a month) for things that I want (i.e. pretty things for around the house). I've also been considering doing a no-spend month or maybe three no-spend weeks a month. I'm still thinking the details through.
3. Walking Clove - I'm a lazy dog owner and only take Clove for short walks or out to the bathroom and then play a little inside. I want to make a point of walking her more to benefit both of us health-wise and take down her energy levels a little.
4. Organize, Organize, Organize - This is one I've been working on a lot in the last couple months and am still struggling. Ideally I would have this finished up in the next 2-3 months. I want to get all of my storage, art stuff, clothes, important papers, etc under control so everything looks nice and I know where it all is. This also includes getting rid of a lot of things I don't need.
5. Exploring - I want to explore around Cincinnati some more. There are lot of places around the city I haven't been since I was younger or at all (museums, Findlay market, parks). I'm also including some day and weekend trips under this category. I want to try and get out and do some fun things. My sister just moved to St. Louis, so a weekend trip there is on my to-do list.
Happy New Year!!!
PS. I promise to actually post my recent finished projects. I was sick from Christmas to New Years so that kind of fell on the back burner.