pinterest.com

6.20.2012

Weekend Bag

In celebration of my upcoming vacation, I decided to makeover my travel bag.

I got this bag fo free from my mom, who got it from a friend. BC calls it an Oach bag.  I'm not really a fan of the color tan/beige, but I took it because I like the size of it and it was free (remember... I'm a hoarder).
I had two choices: dye it or paint it.  I decided to paint it because 1. I can get the color I want (or lack of color since I settled on black). 2. it would be a little more precise. 3. I wasn't sure how dye would affect the trim. 4. I already had all of the supplies for painting it.  
first coat of one side
I used a fabric medium 1:2 ratio with paint.  I took some of my lessons I learned from the Painted Chair project and watered down the mixture a lot! (probably a water to paint ratio of 1:2)  I also made sure to dampen the fabric.  I painted messily and the paint just rubbed/washed off of the trim and hardware pretty easily.  I put 2-3 coats over the entire thing.
Here is the final piece:
I love the final outcome!  Florida, here I come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That looks so good! I definitely like the black color so much better and from the pictures it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazz! This is the perfect kind of fabric for painting while still maintaining the original texture/flexibility.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a golden day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...