6.19.2012

Uncle Tom's Cabin

I've been reading Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe for the last week.  This quote really stood out to me:
"It is now one of those intensely golden sunsets which 
kindles the whole horizon into one blaze of glory, 
and makes the water another sky."

Then one of the characters, Eva describes it as a "sea of glass, mingled with fire." (words she found in the bible) and go on to discuss death and heaven.  I just thought this part of the book was kind of intense and spoke to me so I thought I'd share a snippet.

The pic is from our family cottage in Wisconsin.  This is the best golden sunset in front of a lake I've taken pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a golden day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...