Since I was unable to use the sewing machine to finish up some other projects, this is the only thing I was able to complete this weekend:
1. fold a piece of 2" x 12"ish scrap fabric in half & sew up the side (I used back stitch, but pretty much anything should work)
2. flip the tube inside out. (I pinned a shoelace on one end inside the tube before sewing and it was simple to just pull right through)
3. iron out with straightener so it's nice and flat
4. fold over key ring leaving enough room to fit your hand through the loop
5. sew it up with a giant 'X' with lines on the top and bottom
Sew easy to make! ... get it?!