2.28.2012

40 things

I was asked to post a list of my 40 things that I'm doing for Lent.  Instead of posting the complete list (I feel like it's bragging), I'm just going to share the categories that most of the items fall under with some biblical references and/or examples. 

WORSHIP
Worship the Lord in the splendor or his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.

My things in this are mostly about writing in my journal a specific amount of times a week, set amount of time in prayer/quiet time/listening to music etc.  Other things on my list are intended to be paired with worship time (prayer and music). 

FELLOWSHIP
Everything under this category is about building closer relationships with people around me (hanging out, emailing, dinners, etc.) 

BODY IS A TEMPLE
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your bodies.
[1 CORINTHIANS 6:19-20 (NIV)]

Mostly the things that fall under this category are about respecting my body like thinking about what kind of food I'm eating (less junk, more healthy), being more intentional with workouts, and giving myself enough sleep and care.  Also, using more positive self-talk. 
  
BEAUTY AND CREATION
A lot of this is just spending time in nature, or spending time being creative (i.e. painting, drawing, crafts...).  This category also requires my extra 'worship' rules like listening to music, conversation, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a golden day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...