Right before I started, I remembered I had these Geese patterned containers in my trunk that I used for flour and sugar. I decided they really needed a makeover.
I made sure to wash them all and took off the metal and rubber parts of the containers and went for the spray paint. I also bought this little spray paint gun thing that makes it a little easier to paint (no cramping fingers on bigger painting jobs). It was only $2.99 and works pretty well.
I sprayed the containers with the lids on so that they can still be used to store baking stuff in. I did two or three coats each and sanding drips off between coats. Here are the final products: